October 19, 2012

"I've looked at clouds..."

...from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all"--Joni Mitchell
I may not know them but I LOVE them. I am enamored of clouds, as if regular readers didn't know. And I've come to just the right place. The snapshot above was of evening clouds just above my back steps, in Hamilton, MT.
These are midday clouds over the Episcopal church on our street (Downing Mountain, to the west).
Clouds over Highway 93 as we head north to Missoula this week seem to be guiding us there.
Heavy overcast clouds make the maples on our street pop with color. We got rain! We're getting more!! We went 50 days this summer without precip (http://www.ravallirepublic.com/news/local/article_c57bd4c2-140c-11e2-b906-001a4bcf887a.html). Finally, wildfires are out, air is fresh and skies, if not blue, are covered with the right kind of gray!

No comments:

Post a Comment