Boo!!!! It's that time of year. Time to be scared silly and then laugh with relief that you're not THAT guy -- the lanky skeleton, the crazed zombie, the evil spider, the gory corpse. I live in one of the hottest Halloween neighborhoods in the West and happen to be visiting near one of the craziest Halloween blocks in the South -- Hillcrest Ave., around the corner from my mother's house in Louisville. In our little berg of Hamilton, Mt., we typically give out about 1,000 pieces of candy each year. I can only imagine what they do here. I went out with my little phone camera to take a look at Louisville's scary best...
 |
| Zombie girl meets Linda Blair from "The Exorcist"? My personal fave. |
 |
| Love the suit and tie on this Undead. |
 |
| Push, push!! |
 |
| Tastefully done spiders on an adorable bungalow. I hate spiders. These, I like. |
 |
| "Nice webs," I say to one woman. She smiles with pride: "My son did that!" |
 |
| Big, mean, over-the-top spider fills up much of the lawn. (Where do they store these things?) |
 |
| An overly busy front yard on Hillcrest. (Again, where do they store these things?) |
 |
| The Grim Reaper looks inviting but the faux fence -- many families put them up to protect lawns -- keeps the curious at bay. |
 |
| A gory corpse on an old hospital bed -- nice touch! |
 |
| And there are skeletons galore. They climb up the big old street trees or they line either side of a walkway you must take to get to candy. This one rides my favorite, an old girl's bike. Bye, bye Louisville. Hello Hamilton (can you compete??!!). |
No comments:
Post a Comment